Pound the Puss Pound the Puss

Nice and fun game. Loved the innuendos. It reminded me of the initial few Leisure Suit Larry games.
The quarter on the pole was a bit difficult to find, but otherwise playing through the game was a breeze.

OrangePylon responds:

Thanks! You might be surprised to hear that I've never played the Leisure Suit Larry games. They've been on my radar for a while, but I've never checked them out. Maybe I should give them a try sometime.

Thanks for the review!

Golden Duel Golden Duel

A fun game with some great music. You've already got praise for it from everyone else so I'll get right to the negative points:
1) There are memory leak issues. That's causing the lag that everyone is talking about. Refreshing the page solves the problem but, I don't like doing that every 10 minutes. Consider optimizing your code.
2) The annoying Silver Games logo is right above the highest trajectory of the bottle in the bonus stage. It's really easy to click it by mistake. Consider moving it upwards a little.
3) In the bonus stage, just after the drunk has thrown the last bottle, the gun freezes up in whatever position I have it in and I can't move the gun to shoot. This freezing up should occur a bit later, after the bottle passes over the guy's head.
4) The prices for the 4th and 5th purchases are very high. Grinding that much makes it boring.

Other than that it was very enjoyable. Looking forward to your next game.
Cheers!

Hangman's Wife Hangman's Wife

CookieClicker inspired game? How would CookieClicker drive you to make a game like this, buddy ?
I was appalled at the premise and how dark you have made it. I remember feeling this way while playing Animal Puncher , only thing is that - that game was going somewhere and I was intrigued to finish it.
I am a medal junkie and the scoreboard was a nice touch. I gave you a star for each of those and one for your efforts. Please make a game that people would enjoy and want to play through to the end - something "like CookieClicker" , maybe?

GravityAbility GravityAbility

I read your post script twice before I started the game and many times afterwards. But, I just don't understand what makes the blocks turn grey. I struggled with the 5th level and gave up after that. You need to introduce the concept slowly with hints that are displayed during the level.
It would have been a decent puzzle game if it weren't for the insane learning curve. Better luck next time.

logicalcell responds:

I forgot to write one rule.
Grid that exists block is always disclickable.

Please imagine Sokoban puzzle.
Sokoban moves to your click grid.
And he uses gravity ability there.

Intersectigon! Intersectigon!

I enjoyed playing this game. It required a lot of concentration and perfect timing.
What are the criteria for getting all three stars ? Is it maximum area , minimum time or minimum clicks used, or all of them ? It was considerably harder to get 3 stars in Level 12 than any other one.
I would like a sequel - a level pack would do. With more medals, of course.
Keep up the good work !

P-Bot Has No Hope In NG P-Bot Has No Hope In NG

A nice little Run 'n Gun with a bunch of pop culture references thrown in. It was quite a lot of fun until I got to the chick boss. I guess I shouldn't be using my laptop touchpad for a shooter game.
Anyways, I laughed my ass off at the boobies cut scene and the Game Over comment - especially the one about Stamper and his bullshit.
Great going, man. Keep the humor coming.

Manly-Chicken responds:

Thanks!
Glad that the game isn't glitched so the girl boss doesn't die anymore!

Cavern Cavern

Great game, guys! You put a lot of effort into it.
I gave up on Level 3 the first time but came back for more after I had a little booze. I guess it does make you more focused. I searched the reviews for any hints to solving Level 7 but there weren't any useful ones. I did not understand how it could possibly make up a tessellation with reflectional symmetry until I got it right by fluke. It only took me 45 minutes.
Level 8 was the most fun of all, once I figured out what I had to do . And I laughed at whoever said that the level was non-intuitive.

Still I found the mechanics not very user-friendly. I was annoyed when I had to redo a puzzle when I clicked on it again by mistake after I had just finished it (while making a game, you always have to account for butter-fingered idiots like me). The dial puzzles felt out of place with the rest of them. And mainly, the game was quite short.

Thanks for spending the time to reply to the reviews (sarcastically in a lot of them) . I hope to see more such games from you soon. Keep up the good work!

TurkeyOnAStick responds:

I think I've been pretty genuine in my replies! :) Most I can accept, but some are just ridiculous and are more like they're trying to take out their frustrations on the game creator. Nobody needs that.

Anyway, I'm glad you figured out #8, the dials are a bit weak admittedly but give a slight graphical touch ... and I never realised you could click on the puzzle again after you completed it! We were trying to finalise a lot of stuff in order to reach the StencylJam deadline, so its a shame that stuff like that gets overlooked. Oh well. I hope people didn't have that problem on #7 ...

Thanks for the review!

Persist Persist

Just WOW! I was totally mesmerized by the way you gave meaning to the little game with that short dialogue at the end. I had goosebumps on my skin.
The gameplay was simple, not much different from most survival platformers. Even the loss of abilities is common in most games but the story made all the difference here.
The music suited the levels well and the difficulty was just shy of becoming frustrating.
And to think you took only 48 hours for this. Thanks for the medal too.
Expecting more such games from you soon.
Cheers!

Picture Frame 2 Picture Frame 2

Although a lot of hard work went into it, there's just nothing to differentiate it from the hundreds of similar "art" games about love with minimal gameplay and levels interspersed with quotes.

The voice acting could have been a lot better. It was over-dramatic, forced and sounded really jarring.
The script was banal, it didn't make me compelled to find what was about to happen.
The gameplay was sub-par. The jumps were almost random in nature - a 50% chance of missing the platforms. I found the character slipping off the sides of some platforms. In the level with the horizontal moving platform I had to keep up with the platform as it moved under me. That should be fixed. The No Death medal is almost impossible due to these.
Neither the concept nor the level designs were new.
I give you these stars solely for the cute artwork and for adding medals.

I don't have a grudge against you. Having played over 1500 flash games from Newgrounds I am entitled a critical opinion.
All in all, this game felt shoddy and rushed like you were chasing a deadline.
Better luck next time.

LukeElchul responds:

Ye thanks for your time, I will take it in consideration :D

Colors Around Me Colors Around Me

Good game. The artwork and animation was nicely done.
The sounds were minimal yet apt for a quiz game.
But, you can thrust Indian stuff on the people like that.
I mean BARC is alright, but ZOOM and Star TV etc. is too much.
You totally lost me at the four tiny black dots above two orange, yellow and red dots.
Maybe discontinuing the hints was a bad idea.

Anyways, we all learn from our mistakes. Best of luck for your next game.